If you find yourself in Morehead City, there is a good chance you will have a hankering for fresh seafood while you are there. For the best seafood in Morehead City, look no further than Sugarloaf Island Deli! Open for both lunch and dinner, the menu at Sugarloaf Island Deli will seriously have you wanting to order one of everything. To help you narrow down your pick, we want to share with you our top menu items to help you fulfill your craving for the best seafood in Morehead City.
- Stephanie’s Creamy Crab Dip: Made daily with fresh Backfin, and served with Lavash flatbread.
- Peel & Eat Shrimp: A half-pound or whole pound of locally caught steamed shrimp tossed in Old Bay, served with warm butter and cocktail sauce.
- Tuna Poke Nachos: Diced sashimi yellowfin, fresh avocado Pico, seaweed, and chipotle aioli served with crisp corn tortilla chips.
- Soft Crab Basket: Comes with 3 locally caught fresh crabs, fried to perfect
- Soft Crab & Crab Cake Burger: A soft crab and crab cake, topped with smoked gouda, arugula, cilantro, avocado, tomato, and hot honey.
- Grouper & Crab Cake Burger: Fresh grouper and a crab cake, topped with smoked gouda, pastrami bacon, fried egg, arugula, cilantro, tomato, and mango chutney.
- Shrimp Burger: A slew of fried shrimp, topped with arugula, tomato, and tartar sauce.
- Flounder Burger: A freshly fried flounder filet, topped with arugula, tomato, and tartar sauce.
- Pan-Seared Salmon Over Mixed Greens: Fresh pan-seared salmon, topped with caramelized onion, avocado, roasted walnuts, smoked gouda, and creamy dill dressing, served over a bed of mixed greens.
- Fish & Chips: Fresh catch of the day, fried, served with house chips and creamy poblano avocado sauce.
- Shrimp Burrito: A shrimp burrito, stuffed with black bean paste, rice, avocado, and Pico, served with an avocado poblano dressing.
- Shrimp or Oyster Basket: Choose between a mess of fried shrimp or oysters, served with one side of your choice.
Sugarloaf Island Deli
If you are looking for fresh, local seafood with a beautiful view of the Morehead waterfront, we’ve got you covered. Visit Sugarloaf Island Deli, located next to the Sanitary Fish Market and Restaurant, for the best seafood in Morehead City!